Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer Serving Defendants in Cedar Rapids When an individual is charged with a crime, he or she must determine all of the possible defenses and explanations that exist to show a jury why the charges are incorrect. In some cases, defendants may be able to establish that the charges are entirely wrong…Read Article
Six Reasons to Choose Jonathan D. Schmidt
- Trustworthy: “Trustworthy” is listed first here because Jonathan values personal integrity over all else, in both his personal and professional life. Many cases turn on the level of trust that the lawyer earns from his client. Therefore, he demonstrates absolute loyalty to his clients, and a willingness to leave no stone unturned to ensure effective resolutions to his clients’ problems.
- Straightforward: Jonathan is a straight shooter who prides himself on telling his clients exactly what they need to hear, as tactfully as possible, even if it is not what they want to hear. Resolving a legal problem requires a clear understanding of the reality of the situation as it stands, as well as the means of getting from where things are to where they should be.
- Compassionate: Even the world’s greatest legal mind will not make a great lawyer without an empathetic understanding of the human element in every legal issue. An attorney who doesn’t genuinely care about his clients simply doesn’t belong in practice. Jonathan finds great fulfillment in helping his clients solve their problems, and get their lives back on track again.
- Problem Solver: Sometimes legal strategy resembles a chess match, and sometimes it is more like a poker game. Since most legal problems are deceptively complex, Jonathan has learned to “think outside the box” to find novel solutions that other attorneys, trapped in rigid legalistic thinking, fail to recognize or decline to act upon.
- Tech-Savvy: Jonathan’s prowess with technology was noted by his parents and teachers early in childhood. Since then he has made a special effort to keep abreast of technological developments, especially as they relate to the practice of law. His grasp of technology frequently aids him in evaluating cases and evidence in ways that other attorneys cannot.
- Approachable: Jonathan greatly values the personal relationships he develops with his clients, and he takes pride in making himself available to them as often as possible. Some attorneys cultivate an intimidating persona to discourage questions or challenges. That is simply not Jonathan’s way (unless, of course, you are the opposing party in contentious litigation!).